EURASHE is in the stakeholders’ forum of the PL4SD project on Peer Learning for the Social Dimension.
Underneath are further information on:
- Lead to more transparency in current developments, allowing the actors in the field to assess their own performance as well as to monitor their progress towards reaching the targets set within the EHEA;
- Stimulate international exchange and debate on policy measures and add more creativity to tackling difficulties within the field of the social dimension in higher education;
- Enable peer learning and ease the implementation of policy measures by other countries, higher education institutions and students’ organisations;
- Structure the information and collect relevant reports and research on the policies at national levels, providing a solid basis for further research;
- Inform national and international policy makers and stakeholders in all countries of the EHEA several times during the lifetime of the project about its progress towards these goals.
- Outcomes of the PL4SD project: peer-learning, country profiles, reports 23/2/2016 - The PL4SD project, on Peer Learning for the Social Dimension, has completed its activities at the end of 2015. The final project report is now available. The document includes an analysis of the project’s outcomes and the impact peer learning has within European higher education policy. The report also discusses the question of the future […]
- Data collection on the social dimension of the European Higher Education Area 12/11/2013 - As part of the commitments taken by ministers of the European Higher Education Area in the 2012 Bucharest Communiqué to develop a system of voluntary peer learning and a pilot project to promote peer learning on the social dimension of higher education, we would like to invite you to participate and support the project Peer Learning […]
- Arguments for the social dimension (594.9 KB)
- Final project report (PL4SD) (1.6 MB)
- Guidelines for the background report for a country review (678.5 KB)
- Indicative schedule for the country review (163.5 KB)
- PL4SD Country Profiles (2.5 MB)
- PL4SD Info sheet: General information about the project (699.8 KB)
- PL4SD Newsletter #1 (147.7 KB)
- European Students’ Union (ESU) - The European Students’ Union (ESU) is an umbrella organisation of 47 National Unions of Students from 39 countries. The aim of ESU is to represent and promote the educational, social, economic and cultural interests of students at the European level towards all relevant bodies. For ESU it is key that change-leading quality assurance is implemented […]
- German Centre for Research on Higher Education and Science Studies (DZHW) - DZHW carries out basic research with practical applications in the field of higher education and the sciences. It sees itself as a partner of as well as service provider for science and science policy. Therefore, its research is both theory-driven and related to practice. As a part of the scientific community, DZHW introduces the results […]
- Institute for Advanced Studies (IHS) - The Institute for Advanced Studies is an independent, non-profit research Institute covering the areas of Economics, Political Science, and Sociology. Since its inception in 1963 the IHS has been, and continues to be, committed to the highest quality standards of research and postgraduate education.
- Institute for the Development of Education (IDE) - The Institute for the Development of Education advocates a system of higher education that ensures equal educational opportunities, adheres to the principle of quality assurance, promotes international cooperation, supports lifelong learning and meets both the needs of individual and society. The Institute for the Development of Education contributes to the development of higher education policy, provides […]
Following are some of the experts involved in the project:
- Stéphane Lauwick, President of EURASHE - Stéphane Lauwick joined the University of Le Havre (France) in 1993 as a professeur agrégé. After heading the Electrical Engineering Department of the University Institute of Technology (IUT) of that university, he is now the director of the Institute, an institution that enrolls some 2500 students and delivers 26 awards. He has been member of […]