EURASHE is looking for a motivated Policy and Project Officer to join its dynamic team in the centre of Brussels with a preferred start of 1st November 2021. The position will involve travel, mainly within Europe, once health and safety restrictions have been lifted.
ROLE AND TAKS
Working closely with the new EURASHE Secretary General who will take over on November 1st, the policy and project officer will:
- Monitor European policies related to higher education, skills, research, and innovation
- Inform and liaise with EURASHE members and the Board on policy development
- Draft and present policy position papers
- Develop and implement European and international projects including planning, organising project meetings, contributing to deliverables, maintaining project documentation, reporting, and administrative and financial issues
- General support in the organisation of EURASHE events including annual conferences, seminars, peer-learning events, and working group meetings
- Interact with policy makers and stakeholders, and represent EURASHE at external meetings when required
We are looking for an independent, open minded and motivated team player who is able to work efficiently in an international team.
- Higher education degree (Postgraduate is a bonus)
- Minimum of two years work experience related to EU policies, preferably in the fields of higher education, research, and innovation
- Experience in developing, reviewing, and synthetizing policies and EU documents, and communicating outcomes to a diverse and broad audience
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written
- Work experience within an international environment
- Excellent communication, organisational, interpersonal and IT skills
- Ability to work independently, under tight deadlines
- Experience in the management of EU funded projects
- Knowledge of the higher education sector
- Advanced understanding of the functioning of European institutions and decision-making process
- Experience in European public affairs and/or academic or not-for-profit environment
- Proficiency in other European languages
- Full-time one-year contract (renewable) under Belgian law, that may become permanent
- Monthly gross salary of between €2500 and €3000 depending on work experience and qualifications
- Additional benefits: transportation allowance, meal vouchers and 30 days of annual leave
- Opportunity to contribute to EU policy making process and manage large scale international projects
- Very friendly working environment
- Regular telework if requested
Interested candidates should send a concise letter of motivation and two-page CV to email@example.com before the deadline of 10th September 2021, referencing Policy & Project Officer as the email subject.
Interviews are scheduled for the second half of September in Brussels or online, which will be followed by a short written exercise to test candidates (English) written skills.
All candidates will receive notification about the results of the selection procedure shortly after it is completed.
For more information about EURASHE: www.eurashe.eu