A technical school opened within the newly established Yerevan State University in 1921, graduating its first students in 1928. In July 1930, the Armenian Construction Institute, which by this stage had departments of Architecture and Construction, Hydrology and Chemical Engineering, was established with prominent architect Mikayel Mazmanyan as its first director.It grew and developed until on 11 January 1989, the Institute was renamed the Yerevan State University of Architecture and Construction by the Armenian SSR Council of Ministers. Its first rector (1989–2006) was Arest Baglaryan, since which time Professor Hovhannes Tokmajyan has been the rector. Its 7 faculties contain 23 departments. At 2014 the university renamed National University of Architecture and Construction of Armenia (NUACA). Acting Rector Gagik Galstyan at 31.10.2014 by the secret ballot was elected Rector of the University.
(NUACA was previously known as Yerevan State University of Architecture and Construction (YSUAC))