EURASHE is looking for a motivated Communication and Events Assistant Intern to join its dynamic team in the centre of Brussels with a preferred start at the latest the 1st of February 2022.
ROLES AND TASKS
We look for a creative thinker who is passionate about communications, social media, developing various events and keen to contribute to the success of our Association.
The Communications and Events assistant (intern) will closely cooperate with and under the responsibility of the Communications and Events Officer and relevant Policy Officer within a relatively small, active team on a variety of tasks. The job requires a fair amount of flexibility, creativity, autonomy.
- Assist with communication-related tasks such as newsletter and Social Media channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube)
- Support the day to day activities, including maintaining and updating the website
- Develop content and communication materials
- Help with the newsletter and the annual activity report
- Help with the development and implementation of communication strategy and social media plan
- Assist in organising events, especially annual conferences, seminars, peer-learning events, internal meetings, etc.
- Interact with external partners
- Support policy officer with management and reporting of our projects (if needed)
- A higher education degree (recent student preferable in business, communication, marketing graphic design)
- Strong writing and editing skills and experience in writing promotional texts in English
- Near-native command of English, both spoken and written; working knowledge of other languages is an asset
- Strong social media management skills and interest in its trends
- Understanding of EU decision-making processes and institutions
- CMS website editing skills (WordPress)
- Good knowledge of office software and any graphic design programmes (e.g. InDesign or online tools such as Canva)
- Good communication, organisational, interpersonal skills within a multinational environment
- Active and creative approach to tasks
- Ability to work on deadlines and independently, flexibility and accuracy
Nice to have
- Previous experience in communication, information management, organising events and/or running
- Ability to shoot and edit videos or interest to self-learn it how to do it
- Sense of humour
- To start as soon as possible
- Brussels based
- Monthly remuneration (+/−1150euro net)
- 6-month contract with the possibility of extension for other 6 months
- Ability to implement your ideas in various communications projects and learn about higher education field
- Very friendly working environment: at EURASHE we value mutual respect, teamwork and diversity
- Combination of telework and office work
- Opportunity to network and be a part of our activities and events
Interested candidates should send a concise letter of motivation and a two-page CV to email@example.com before the deadline of the 20th of December 2021, referencing Communication and Events assistant as the email subject.
Interviews are scheduled for early January in Brussels, which will be followed by a short written exercise to test candidates (English) written skills and creativity.
All candidates will receive notification about the results of the selection procedure shortly after it is completed.
For more information about EURASHE: www.eurashe.eu