Call for Experts to join the SAPS project – Supporting Apprenticeships between Professional Higher Education & Small and Medium Enterprises
The SAPS project stands for Supporting Apprenticeships between Professional Higher Education & Small and Medium Enterprises, and aims at improving the perception of SMEs of the benefits of engaging interns/apprentices from professional higher education (PHE) institutions; lowering the barriers to cooperation between PHE institutions and SMEs; and establishing more regular and structured cooperation between the umbrella organisations for PHE and organisations representing SMEs.
The first phase of the project focuses on ‘Supporting SMEs new to internships/apprenticeships’, and will be developed in cooperation with 10 European experts. The overall aim is to:
- provide guidance to SMEs as to how to provide an effective learning experience for interns/apprentices and a productive work experience for the enterprise;
- create guidelines for managing interns/apprentices with disabilities and/or special needs;
And that way:
- assist SMEs in setting up an internship/apprenticeship scheme in collaboration with professional higher education institutions;
- assist SMEs with the process of on-boarding interns/apprentices;
- ensure a productive work experience for the enterprise;
- manage interns/apprentices with disabilities and/or special needs.
Profile of experts
In order to bring different perspectives and expertise in the expert team, we are looking for experts from:
- Professional higher education institutions;
- Organisations representing SMEs;
- Experienced professional in supporting students with disabilities.
Conditions and Application Process
Experts will be selected through an open call for applications. Selected experts will receive a gross honorarium of €4.000 as well as coverage of travel and subsistence costs to the expert meeting in Brussels.
Experts interested in applying should send a CV together with a cover letter, indicating their experience in line with this call by 26 February 2017. To read the full call for experts and apply, please go the dedicated website. For further information, please contact Marko Grdosic, SAPS project coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.