EURASHE is organising a seminar titled ‘Applied RDI: making innovation happen!‘ in cooperation with Foundation Saint Paul Andalusia CEU in Seville (Spain) on 26-27 September 2016. Registrations for the seminar are open here.
The seminar focuses on two central concepts of applied research, development and innovation (RDI) done in universities of applied sciences (UAS) around Europe: student engagement in research and market-based applied RDI. It will focus on presenting and disseminating the best practices on actual applied RDI activities done at UAS. The expert speakers will present the following topics and innovative perspectives to applied RDI:
- How to involve and engage the students in the practical research activities (crowdsourcing, entrepreneurship, recognising innovation capacities);
- Development work on professional/industrial PhDs;
- UAS-business cooperation (technology transfer, innovation vouchers, tailored research).
The seminar will highlight best practices and new developments in Europe. In addition to presenting the best practice cases and newest developments, the seminar brings together applied RDI experts and researchers from around Europe to discuss the further development of the topics at their respective institutions. In addition to the presentations, both days of the seminar will include panel discussions, where applied RDI expert audience can participate.
The following speakers have been confirmed to date:
- Flemming Binderup Gammelgaard, Chief Consultant, VIA University College (Denmark)
- Javier Riaño, Head of Demola Basque Country (Spain)
- Rogier Cazemier, Researcher, Hogeschool Rotterdam (Netherlands)
- Teresa Paiva, Professor, Guarda Polytechnic Institute (Portugal)
- Prof. Dr. Martin Sternberg, chairman of Graduierteninstitut für angewandte Forschung der Fachhochschulen NRW (Germany)
- José María González-Alorda Iriarte, Director of Innovation, CEU (Spain)
- Oliver Kallas, Head of Technology Transfer Centre, TTK University of Applied Sciences (Estonia)
- Jesus Porres, Managing Director at Hefagra and Farmanova Group (Spain)
Be sure to register now and join us in sunny Seville!