The seminar on ‘How to Manage Quality in (Professional) Higher Education? – A Practical Approach’ is a 2-day event focusing on the management of quality (assurance) in higher education institutions organised in Vilnius (Lithuania) on 3-4 December 2014.
It is intended to inspire institutional management, as well as staff members, and all stakeholders (e.g. students, world of work representatives, policy-makers) who are managing, coordinating and involved in quality in higher education institutions; bringing together a ‘community of practice’.
To support institutions in implementing quality assurance, next to two previous hands-on seminars on internal quality assurance in 2012 and 2013, Lucien Bollaert, recognised expert in European quality assurance, has developed with the support of EURASHE’s working group on quality assurance A Manual for Internal Quality Assurance in Higher Education – with a special focus on professional higher education. It will serve as the backbone to the seminar.
- Prof. Andreas G. Orphanides, President of EURASHE (Cyprus)
- Dr Rimantas Vaitkus, Vice-Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania (Lithuania)
- Dr Gintautas Bražiūnas, Rector of Vilniaus Kolegija/University of Applied Sciences (VIKO) (Lithuania)
- Lucien Bollaert, Member of the Executive Board of the Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders (NVAO) (Netherlands/Belgium-Flanders)
- Marieke Janssen, Head of the Quality Care and Educational Development Unit of University College Ghent (HoGent – Faculty of Science and Technology) (Belgium)
- Asnate Kažoka, Steering Committee Member of the QA Experts Pool of the European Students’ Union (ESU) (Belgium)
- Catherine Owen, Researcher at University of Glasgow (United Kingdom)
- Maria Kelo, Director of the European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA) (Belgium)
- Klara Engels-Perenyi, Policy Officer at European Commission, DG Education and Culture (Belgium)
- Johannes Haas, Director of Dual Education Programmes in Production Technology and Organisation at FH JOANNEUM University of Applied Sciences (Austria)
- Nora Skaburskienė, Acting Director of Centre for Quality Assessment of Higher Education (SKVC) (Lithuania)
- Prof. Anthony Dean, Dean of the Faculty of Arts, University of Winchester (United Kingdom), Member of the management group of EQ-arts of the European League of Institutes of the Arts (ELIA) (Netherlands)
Registrations open in the coming days. The registration fee is set at 300 EUR, members of EURASHE and regional participants (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania) will benefit from a reduced rate of 150 EUR. Each participant will receive a free copy of the Manual.