EURASHE organised a Seminar on Quality Assurance (QA) titled ‘How to Manage Quality in (Professional) Higher Education? – A Practical Approach‘ in Vilnius (Lithuania) on 3-4 December 2014. It is organised by EURASHE, the Rectors’ Conference of Lithuanian University Colleges (LKDK), and Vilniaus Kolegija/University of Applied Sciences (VIKO). Underneath are further information on:
(Photograph: CC by-nc-nd by Vaidotas Mišeikis)
Day 1 – Wednesday 3 December 2014
13.30 – Registration
14.00 – Opening
14.30 – Keynote speech
A Manual for Internal Quality Assurance in Higher Education with a Special Focus on Professional Higher Education
Questions & Answers
16.00 – Workshops A: A Manual for Internal Quality Assurance in Higher Education – with a special focus on professional higher education: what are the specificities of QA for PHE?
Quality and QA from HEIs’ vision and mission
Quality and QA of student-centred learning
Quality, QA and quality culture
QA and standards: ESG, EQA, rankings and transparency tools with a special focus on the revised ESG
19.00 – Dinner in Vilnius
Day 2 – Thursday 4 December 2014
10.00 – Plenary
Quality Assurance at the Hearth of the Need for Reform in European Higher Education
11.00 – Coffee
11.30 – Workshops B: QA Good Practices for PHE and from Lithuania
Quality of dual education programmes
Internationalisation of EQA
13.00 – Lunch
14.30 – Workshops C: QA Good Practices for PHE and from Lithuania
Quality, sector-specific quality assurance and labels
Quality (assurance) of stakeholders’ involvement
16.00 – Plenary
Panel discussion: What is the Gist of Quality Management for PHE?
17.30 – Cocktail
It is intended to inspire institutional management, as well as staff members, and all stakeholders (e.g. students, world of work representatives, policy-makers) who are managing, coordinating and involved in quality in higher education institutions; bringing together a ‘community of practice’.
EURASHE has focused in the past years on providing hands-on support to its member institutions and other higher education institutions in implementing the priority areas of the Bologna reform process, this is especially true when considering the need for such support in the area of quality assurance and quality management.
To achieve this, next to two previous hands-on seminars on internal quality assurance in 2012 and 2013, Lucien Bollaert, recognised expert in European quality assurance, has developed with the support of EURASHE’s working group on quality assurance A Manual for Internal Quality Assurance in Higher Education – with a special focus on professional higher education.
This publication is meant to be an inspirational guidebook with fundamental issues and clarifications next to good practices and also with warnings of possible pitfalls to explore internal quality assurance.
It will serve as a basis for the discussions in Vilnius, with an opening plenary session where it will be presented and followed with open debates with the audience on the various steps of quality (management). Participants will then concentrate on 4 identified chapters of the Manual, namely: quality and QA from HEIs’ vision and mission; quality and QA of student-centred learning; quality, QA and quality culture; and finally, QA and standards: ESG, EQA, rankings, transparency tools, with a special focus on the revised ESG (a process led by the E4-Group: ENQA, ESU, EUA, EURASHE).
Further discussions will take place on the need for reform in European higher education with input by the representative of the European Commission. Additional workshop sessions will provide participants with examples of good practices for professional higher education, addressing quality, sector-specific quality assurance and labels; and quality of internationalisation. Examples of good practices from Lithuania will also be presented, where internationalisation of external quality assurance and regional cooperation in quality assurance are exemplary.
The involvement of various experts and representatives from European higher education, policy-makers, student representatives as well as experts from the world of work, will stimulate further the self-reflection of (professional) higher education in managing quality in a practical approach.
View EURASHE Seminar on QA – Vilnius 2014 in Google Maps here
The seminar will be hosted by the Faculty of Informatics and Electronics of Vilniaus Kolegija/University of Applied Sciences (VIKO), located at Jasinskio Str. 15, 01111 Vilnius, Lithuania. It is show (in yellow) on the map above .
The following hotels are suggested to participants. They are show (in red) on the map above.
- Radisson Blu Hotel Lietuva****, Vilnius, Konstitucijos prospektas 20, 09308 Vilnius, Lithuania – www.radissonblu.com (you can book your accommodation per email at email@example.com, mention EURASHE-14 and you will receive a beneficial rate)
- Neringa Hotel****, Gedimino Ave 23, 01103 Vilnius, Lithuania – www.neringahotel.com
- Ratonda Centrum Hotels****, A. Rotundo gatvė 1, 01110 Vilnius, Lithuania – www.ratonda.centrumhotels.com
- Europa City Vilnius ***-, J. Jasinskio gatvė 14, 01112 Vilnius, Lithuania – www.groupeuropa.com
- 2014 Seminar QA: Evaluation summary (0.4 MB)
- 2014 Seminar QA: Portfolio (1.4 MB)
- 2014 Seminar QA: Programme (0.4 MB)
- 2014 Seminar QA: Rationale (0.4 MB)
- A Manual for Internal Quality Assurance (IQA) in Higher Education (HE) with a special focus on Professional Higher Education (PHE) (2.3 MB)
- How to Manage Quality in (Professional) Higher Education? - A Practical Approach: Conclusions (0.3 MB)
- Internationalization of Quality Assurance: a case of Lithuania (1.0 MB)
- IT undergraduate education Lithuania: Matchmaker Experiences (1.0 MB)
- QA as a transparency tool? Standards, rankings, EQA and the revised ESG (0.6 MB)
- Quality & QA from HEI's Vision & Mission (2.7 MB)
- Quality and quality assurance of student-centred learning (1.7 MB)
- Quality Assurance at the Heart of Reforms in Higher Education (1.8 MB)
- Quality Cultures and Institutional Barriers to ESG1 implementation (0.6 MB)
- Quality of Dual Education Programmes – A practical Approach (2.1 MB)
- Sector-specific Quality Assurance (HE Arts) (0.5 MB)