A Seminar on Professional Higher Education titled ‘Professional Higher Education as a Solution to the Economic Crisis‘ was organised in Moscow (Russia) on 25 September 2015. It is organised by the Association of Non-State Higher Educational Institutions of Russia (ANHEIR/ANVUZ) with the support of EURASHE. Underneath are further information on:
(Photograph: CC by-nc by Mariano Mantel)
Day 1 – Friday 25 September 2015
09.00 – Registration
10.00 – Opening speeches
Vladimir Zernov, Rector of Russian New University, President of the Association of Non-State Higher Educational Institutions of Russia
Marina Guskova, adviser to the Head of the Federal Agency for the Commonwealth of Independent States, compatriots living abroad and international humanitarian cooperation (Russia)
10.30 – Keynote speeches
‘Professional Higher Education as an answer to the economic crisis’, Johan Cloet, Secretary General of EURASHE
‘Development of Higher Education in Russia: new challenges and responses’, Nikolai Toivonen, Director of the International Department of the Ministry of Education and Science (Russia)
‘Higher Education in conditions of crisis: to increase or reduce?’, Oleg Smolin, First Deputy Chairman of the Education Committee of the State Duma (Russia)
12.20 – Coffee break
12.40 – Keynote speeches
‘Interaction of Higher Education and business as a factor of development’, Anita Lice, Advisor on Education and Employment affairs of the Latvian Employers Federation (Latvia)
‘Higher Education and business in Russia: peculiarities of interaction’, Aleksandr Kashirin, Head of Department of Innovations and Strategic Development of the State Corporation “Russian technologies” (Russia)
14.00 – Lunch
15.00 – Keynote speeches
‘Quality culture and quality management in Professional Higher Education’, Lucien Bollaert, member of the executive board of the Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders (NVAO)
‘Quality management in Russian higher education: current state and prospects of development’, Sergey Kravtsov, Head of the Federal Service for
supervision in the sphere of Education and Science (Russia)
16.30 – Round table on the outcomes of the conference, conclusions
17.30 – End of the seminar
- Higher education as a tool for overcoming the crisis in society;
- Review of the European experience in urgent problems solution in the field of management in higher education;
- Experience exchange between the participants from Russia and the EU countries.
The main topics of the seminar:
- The optimal strategy for management in higher education;
- Effective collaboration promotion between higher education and business;
- Quality management in higher education in Russia and the EU;
- Setting of qualification requirements for the higher educational establishments’ management personnel.
Leading European and Russian experts are participating in the seminar and are presenting papers on the above stated topics.
The place of the event: Radio St., 22 , Moscow, Russian New University.
Seminar format: plenary meetings and the round tables, panel discussions. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss the existing programmes of interuniversity cooperation with foreign partners.
The plenipotentiary of the organising committees: Regional Open Social Institute (ROSI).
Contact person: Aleksandr Apanasenok, tel: 008 4712 34 38 48 (ext. 210), 007 920 700 90 31, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fill in the registration form and send it to email@example.com.
- Pay the registration fee, which includes participation in all sessions, meals (coffee breaks, lunch), qualified translation, technical support of the presentation, and information materials.
After a filled application form is received the organisation committee will contact you and send the programme of the seminar and the participation agreement.
The registration fee is EUR 100 if paid before September 10; EUR 130 if paid September 11-24. The fee does not include travel and accommodation costs.
- Higher Education –Business Cooperationas a factor for development (1.5 MB)
- Professional Higher Education as a solution to the economic crisis (2.2 MB)
- Quality, Quality Assurance and Quality Culture in Higher Educationin relation to economics (7.3 MB)
- Менеджмент качества в российском высшем образовании: состояние и перспективы развития (0.8 MB)