On 13 October 2012, EURASHE’s Council gathered in Antwerp (Belgium), for its second meeting of 2012. It was hosted by the Antwerp Maritime Academy (AMA), institution of EURASHE’s Vice-President Patrick Blondé. The Council discussed EURASHE’s Policy priorities, but also appointed a new Board for 2012-2014 (photograph) and had the pleasure to welcome 5 new Members to EURASHE’s ranks:
- Conference of Academies for Applied Studies in Serbia (KASSS, Serbia)
- Kyiv University of Law of National Academy of Science of Ukraine (KUL, Ukraine)
- National School of Political and Administrative Studies (SNSPA, Romania)
- Association of Law Schools (ALS, Russia, Ukraine, Moldova, Armenia)
- International Association of Trade and Economic Education (IATEE, Russia, Belarus, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Armenia)
Learn more on current members here. More information on our new members will be available soon.
One of the main aims of this Council was to discuss EURASHE’s policy commitments during a Policy & Strategy planning Workshop in the framework of the meeting. Members had the opportunity to prioritise the various policy lines and commitments of EURASHE.
During this Council meeting, EURASHE renewed its Board. Marc Vandewalle, Secretary General of the Flemish Council of University Colleges (VLHORA) was re-conducted for a 2-year term. Gintautas Bražiūnas, Rector of Vilnius Kolegija/University of Applied Sciences, and President of the Rectors’ Conference of Lithuanian University Colleges (LKDK), and Stéphane Lauwick, Director of the Havre University Institute of Technology (IUT) and Member of the Association des Directeurs d’IUTs (ADIUT), have been both selected for a first term of 2 years.