This first European Vocational Skills Week will take place from 5 to 9 December 2016 with events in Brussels and parallel activities in Member States, EFTA and EU candidate countries at national, regional and local levels.
What is it about? This is to improve the attractiveness and image of vocational education and training. We want to showcase excellence and quality and raise awareness of the wide range of opportunities.
Why are we doing this? We believe:
- Every single person is talented. Some talents may be obvious, some still hidden.
- Vocational education and training is a smart choice, is fun, and leads to excellence in education, high-quality jobs and increased employability.
- There are great vocational training opportunities that successfully prepare you for interesting and challenging careers, as well as active engagement in society.
- Vocational education and training is a desirable option for people of all ages, and prepares people for jobs the world over.
- Quality training develops the creative and innovative potential of learners.
- Upskilling and reskilling throughout life is key to improved job opportunities and better integration in society.
- Lifelong learning enhances social inclusion, diversity, and active citizenship.