EURASHE will organise a ‘Networking event on modernisation of higher education’ for its members, representatives of European institutions and stakeholders in Brussels on 16 June 2017.
The aim of the networking event is to learn about and discuss together current trends and challenges in higher education at European and national levels, the European Commission’s updated modernisation agenda for higher education and how could institutes of higher education respond to it.
The networking event will be followed by the EURASHE summer cocktails.
You can find the presentation materials here.
14:00 – 16:00 Networking event on modernisation of higher education (auditorium, 3rd floor)
- Welcome by hosting institution and Stéphane Lauwick, President, EURASHE, (France)
- Overview of key policy issues for professional higher education in European countries
- Eric Vermeylen, Secretary General, Flemish Council Of University Colleges (VLHORA), (Belgium– Flanders)
- Michael Hannon, Vice President for Academic Affairs & Registrar, Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology (GMIT), (Ireland)
- Armando Pires, Head of International Affairs, Portuguese Polytechnics Coordinating Council (CCISP), (Portugal)
- Alicia-Leonor Sauli-Miklavčič, Slovene Association of HVC, (Slovenia) – overview of Central and Southeastern European countries (PROCSEE project)
- EURASHE priorities and activities, Stéphane Lauwick, President, EURASHE, (France)
- Renewed EU agenda for higher education, Sarah Lynch, Head of Sector, DG EAC Higher Education Policy, European Commission
16:00 – EURASHE summer cocktails (4th floor)