The Warsaw University of Technology, so named in 1915, continues the tradition of the Preparatory School for the Institute of Technology set up in Warsaw in 1826 thanks to the efforts of Stanisław Staszic. The University’s roots also reach down to the Hipolit Wawelberg and Stanisław Rotwand School of Machine Construction and Electrical Engineering, created in 1895. The many generations of engineers it turned out and its significant contributions to the development of technical sciences earned the Warsaw University of Technology an acclaimed position in the country as well as international renown. The Warsaw University of Technology is an academic institution of higher learning, shaping the future social elites ― educated people with a broad outlook on the world, conscious of their own views but also understanding and respecting the world views of others. The University not only gives shape to the minds of its student but also forges their characters, awakens in them the kind of creative attitudes engineers should display, furnishing them not only with knowledge but also with skills. Knowledge is best imparted by those who actively expand it, and skills passed on by those who had to learn them through practice.