On the 9th of July, 2020 the European Commission announced 24 new European Universities that will join the first 17 alliances of higher education institutions selected already in 2019. Among them -18 member institutions of EURASHE.
The selected EURASHE members are:
- Polytechnic Institute of Porto (Advanced Technology Higher Education Network Alliance)
- Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal, St. Pölten University of Applied sciences, Szent István University, University College Leuven Limburg (Engaged and Entrepreneurial European University as Driver for European Smart and Sustainable Regions)
- Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Polytechnic University of Bucharest (European Engineering Learning Innovation and Science Alliance)
- Semmelweis University (European University of Well-Being)
- Technological University Dublin (European University of Technology)
- Luca School of Arts, University of Theatre and Film Arts (FILMEU-The European Universities Alliance for Film and Media Arts);
- University of Agribusiness and Rural development Plovdiv (INnoVations of Regional Sustainability: European UniversiTy Alliance);
- University of Debrecen (European University of Brain and Technology)
- Athlone Institute of Technology, Limerick Institute of Technology, Polytechnic Institute of Leiria, Polytechnic of Cávado and Ave, Széchenyi István University (Regional University Network-European University).
The selected Alliances, which include EURASHE member institutions, will work closely and address the emerging themes such as innovation, technology development, regional engagement, entrepreneurship and others. Also, the institutions will promote mutual cooperation of their students and staff, share a pool online and physical resources, courses, expertise, data and infrastructure.
In total, a budget of up to €287 million is available for these 41 European Universities. Each alliance receives up to €5 million from the Erasmus+ programme and up to €2 million from the Horizon 2020 programme for three years to start implementing their plans and pave the way for other higher education institutions across the EU to follow.
Ms Dovile Sandaraite
Communications and European Affairs Manager, EURASHE
Phone: +32 (0)4 986 90 140