The E4-Group organised the 2nd European Quality Assurance Forum (EQAF) titled ‘Implementing and Using Quality Assurance: Strategy and Practice‘ in Rome (Italy) on 15-17 November 2007. The official website of the event is available here. Underneath are further information on:
(Photograph: CC by by Sean MacEntee)
The 2nd European Quality Assurance Forum explored how to implement external and internal quality assurance processes and how to use the outcomes. The focus was on perspectives and frameworks for action and the exchange of examples of how to undertake evaluations. The European Standards and Guidelines were examined as a guide to helping the implementation process, especially in the light of the London meeting of ministers in May 2007.
Following the success of the first European Quality Assurance Forum that was organised in 2006 at the Technical University of Munich, this second Forum, funded by the Socrates Programme and co-organised by ENQA, ESIB, EUA and EURASHE, explored progress to date in implementing the standards and guidelines in higher education institutions and quality assurance agencies and aimed at developing a common understanding of ways to develop further a European dimension for quality assurance. The programme is available here.
The specific objectives of this second forum were: to gain an understanding of how to implement the European Standards and Guidelines; to analyse the success factors and obstacles; to grasp the implications of such an implementation and examine the impact and the unintended consequences; to discuss specific tools (such as student evaluations, implementing learning outcomes, reviews of QA agencies); to explore the principles underlying some of the European Standards and Guidelines and some of the tools.
A post-conference publication Implementing and Using Quality Assurance: Strategy and Practice has been produced, based on some of the papers presented at the Forum as well as more extensive articles. This publication is intended to contribute to the sustainability of the Forum’s outcomes by providing a wider audience with up to date information on current debates on quality assurance in Europe.
- 2007 2nd EQAF: Programme (0.7 MB)
- 2007 2nd EQAF: Publication (0.5 MB)
- ESG in Nordic countries (0.6 MB)
- Exploring the European Standards and Guidelines at Central and Eastern European QA Agencies (0.5 MB)
- Implementing Quality Assurance at Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology (GMIT) (2.3 MB)
- Implementing tools at institutional level for quality assurance and quality enhancement - success factors/obstacles (69 KB)
- Introductory Speech (67 KB)
- Looking back – looking forward: Quality Assurance and the Bologna Process (0.3 MB)
- Role of the CPU in enhancing quality culture in French universities (2.4 MB)
- Standards of quality assurance: A closer look at some underlying principles (0.5 MB)
- Using the ESG (0.3 MB)
- Welcome Address (98 KB)
- What Can We Do with Industrial Quality Assurance Models in Higher Education? (1.6 MB)